Important Upcoming Dates and Shutdown Information JULY 2018
July 4th Holiday
- We are closed on Wednesday, July 4th for the Independence Day Holiday. Please plan ahead for the holiday as there are no deliveries on Wednesday. July 4th.
Summer Shutdown: Monday July 16th thru Friday July 27th
- It is recommended that final pre-shutdown orders are placed no later than Tuesday, July 10th.
- Per the NYS Liquor Authority, orders shipped from Monday, July 9th thru Friday, July 13th will be deemed delivered on Sunday July 15th , which shall be considered the date of delivery for same. The final payment date for such deliveries shall be Tuesday, August 14th.
Please note: it is important that we utilize Monday, July 9th efficiently as orders placed on Friday, July 6th and delivered on Monday, July 9th will receive the extended credit terms.
- The last delivery date prior to shutdown is Friday, July 13th and no new orders will be taken on this day. The Order Department is closed on Friday, July 13, 2018. Our Order Department will re-open on Monday, July 30th at 9am.
- Customer Service is open Friday July 13th AND during shutdown for C.O.D. and other compliance issues. Orders cannot be placed through Customer Service during this period. Additionally, all policies related to as bills, pickups/exchanges, etc are still in effect and can be processed during the shutdown period. For example, if a customer received an incorrect product , the pickup needs to be called in within 5 business days from the date of delivery. Customer Service can be reached at 800-441-5614 or via email at email@example.com.
July Month End and August Orders
- Pocket Advantage will be available for ordering starting on Thursday, July 26, 2018. The first delivery date after shutdown is Tuesday, July 31st.
- You can place Bill and Storage at July pricing on Pocket Advantage until 11:40pm on Tuesday, July 31st
- August orders will be taken starting on Tuesday, July 31st at 9am per our normal policies and procedures.
- Our first delivery day after the Summer Shutdown will be Tuesday, July 31st.
Beverage Media and Sevenfifty Orders
- Orders received through the Bev Media and sevenfifty system will be processed according to this same schedule.
Notice of Change in Connection to Default Notification
To Our Valued Customers,
In an effort to provide better customer service, we are offering a new option for retailers to receive notifications of pending payment defaults via email. As you know, when a retail licensee fails to pay for goods sold and delivered by the final payment date, a wholesaler is required to notify the New York State Liquor Authority ("SLA"). If payment is not received by the notification date set by statute, the retail licensee is placed on a delinquent list and cannot be given credit by any wholesaler until it is removed from the list.
Many retailers have complained that they find themselves on the list when they did not know that they had failed to make timely payment. In order to help address this, the SLA recently authorized retail licensees who wish to obtain notices of pending payment defaults by email rather than first-class mail. Empire Merchants is participating in this program.
Click for more information: