– Empire Merchants will be closed on Monday, July 20, 2020 through Friday, July 31, 2020 for our Summer Shutdown. Per the New York State Liquor Authority, payments for purchases and deliveries beginning on Monday, July 13, 2020 up to and including Friday, July 17, 2020 will be due as if purchased on Sunday, July 19, 2020. Final payment date is August 18, 2020.
– Customer Service will be working during shutdown and can be reached at 800-441-5614. Retailers can contact Customer Service for C.O.D. and other compliance issues during the shutdown period.
– Bill and Storage orders at July pricing can be placed until 11:40pm on Friday, July 31st through your Sales Rep.
– Orders at August pricing can be placed by your sales reps starting Thursday, July 30th and our Order Department will be open starting at 9am on Monday, August 3rd.
– Our first delivery day after the Summer Shutdown will be Tuesday, August 4th.
– August allocated item orders can be placed with the Order Department 800- 382-3820 starting at 9am or by your Sales Rep starting on Monday, August 10th.
Because of a change in the law regarding terms of sale, the New York State Liquor Authority repealed Regulation 68.4. Consequently, Empire Merchants will no longer mail monthly statements to Retailers. This change will be effective on May 1, 2020 (starting with the April 2020 statements).
1. Retailers are invited to sign up for SLA Default Email Notification service to receive electronic notification of invoices coming due as well as when the retailer is reported as delinquent. Customers that are not signed up for this electronic default notification system will receive a mailed notice should they be placed on the default list.
2. Empire will continue to mail statements related to Bill & Storage fees.
3. Retailers are encouraged to sign up for Empire Merchants Online Bill Pay and Pay by Phone systems by contacting their sales rep or customer service. This web based tools can provide invoice information , payment and order history as well as the ability to pay/schedule bills. This system can be accessed by https://ecommerce.empiremerchants.com
4. Enrollment forms for SLA Default Email Notification Service and Empire Online Bill Pay/Pay by Phone system are available on our website https://www.empiremerchants.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Empire-Online_Enrollment-Form_March-2019.pdf or customers can contact your Sales Representative or Customer Care.
As a result of the recently announced tariffs/import duties that went into effect on October 18, 2019 on certain alcoholic beverages, to the extent permitted by the New York State Liquor Authority, Empire Merchants may increase the posted price of certain tariff impacted items during the price posted months for October, November and December. For any item of liquor or wine that is impacted, orders will be filled on a first come-first basis with available stock at pre-tariff prices before selling any tariff affected stock at a price higher than was what posted for the given month. Additionally, please note that backorders will not be accepted for tariff impacted items at pre-tariff prices and you will not be able to receive the benefit of the discounts for goods that assort, unless there is another size of the item available at the pre-tariff price or you pay the additional price associated with all post-tariff goods. .
Empire Merchants of New York City made an internal announcement today of its forthcoming launch of Independent Spirits, a new division dedicated to craft spirits. Independent Spirits will formally launch on April 1, with 18 newly hired sales reps and three sales managers focusing on brands from about 40 suppliers, including The 86 Company, St. George Spirits, Royal Dutch Distillers, Buffalo Trace Distillery (part of its portfolio), and Compass Box Whisky. The move marks the first time a major distributor has formed and staffed a separate division dedicated exclusively to craft spirits, according to Ari Rubinstein, the new division’s director of sales.